Thursday, October 16, 2008

Back from Ohio


A week ago I flew to Ohio for my cousin, Crystal's, wedding. It was beautiful! Fall colors - I was a bridesmaid and the dress was espresso color. The flowers were orange, yellow, and red. It was great! My cousin, Nikki, was a bridesmaid too. It was great to see my mom's family. Almost all of them live in Ohio or the mid-west. Jeff couldn't come to the wedding though because he just got discharged from the hospital the day before. Hopefully we'll get to visit Ohio together within the next year so people can meet him. At the very least we can go to Davey's wedding whenever he happens to get married - but that would be another five years probably!

Unfortunately I couldn't see my dad's family like I had planned. My mom's father had a heart attack at the end of the reception during the last song. We had to call an ambulance and rush him to Wheeling Hospital. Luckily everything turned out fine. He had to get five stints and by the time I left for California he was up and about, on his way home. He's 74 years old but acts like he's 30 - he actually wore ME out during dancing lol. I appreciate everyone's prayers and thoughts while both Jeff and Pap Pap were in the hospital. Hopefully this will be the last emergency in a while!

with love,

~Laura

No comments: