Friday, October 24, 2008

Long Day

Well today I spent 3 hours at the mall...but not for fun. I'm not familiar with the mall here so I have no idea where things are. I decided to walk around and get applications from stores that are hiring for the holidays. I applied to 9 places. My hand hurt sooooo bad after filling out all of those applications. Of course I didn't want to look like a bum, so I wore a skirt and some nice shoes when I went. So now I have blisters all over my feet from the stupid shoes. Oy, and those mall people who just stop you when you're walking to sell their product...it's so annoying!! Just leave me alone! I don't want to be mean and I try to say 'no thank you.' Some of them just won't shut up though. I had to make sure I didn't make any eye contact with them or they would think I was interested. I'm usually not a huge fan of malls anyway just because of the high volume of people who go through every day. It's especially bad at Christmas and I try to stay away as much as I can during the holidays because people are crazy at that time....but I guess I'll see what it's like if I work there.

Guess I'm being kind of negative. Just getting restless with no job. It's nice to have time to do laundry and clean the house and run errands...but other than that, I just hang out with the kitties. It gets kind of lonely. Hopefully I get a job soon and can meet new people. I mean, I love my cats - but I don't want to spend so much time with them that they are my only friends! lol

Hope everyone has a great weekend. So far we have no plans. Just watching football and keeping up with our fantasy football teams :)

love,

~Laura

1 comment:

M. Schlansker said...

I can relate to being lonely. When we first moved here before I found my teaching job, I was the same way. There is only so much laundry and cleaning you can do. Too bad you guys didn't pick Boston...we could hang out..and then neither of us would need jobs :)