Jeff and I have been living in San Jose for just over a week now. We got our furniture yesterday, so until that point all we had were the items we took in the car and a friend's air mattress. Needless to say, I was pretty bored - especially not having internet to look for a job (we get that started September 3). However, while Jeff has been at work this week I have tried out a few places around town, mainly to see if they have free WiFi. There are some great coffee and bagel places here...and just food in general! I had the best Cuban food in the whole world last weekend! I wish I could have had more of it, but I was too full. It is called Los Cubanos. Last night Jeff and I went to The Pita Pit and that was quite tasty. I may have put too many toppings in mine because they could barely close the pita! They also have the regular shops that aren't as unique - Starbucks, McDonalds, PF Changs, etc. While looking for jobs, I realized just how slow some websites can be - one day I spent an hour and a half on just one website to apply for a job. I STILL haven't been able to send in my application! It would be really nice to get it though, considering it is literally a block down from our apartment. Although we have our car, I think we've only been in it to drive twi ce since we've been here. You can walk to anything around here. I love that!
The cats have been doing pretty well - until yesterday when all of our furniture arrived. Now they are a little anxious and confused why all of the boxes are in our living room. I think they are happy to have be home in the afternoons - we take naps together :) Last night we slept in our bed for the first time in a couple weeks. It was wonderful :) I didn't even wake up in the middle of the night. Last weekend we ordered a new couch and it should arrive on September 4. I'm very excited about it...now our apartment will finally look normal! I am a little worried about space though. We have a one bedroom, one bathroom apartment and I have no idea where to put the items that were originally in our storage area at the house, such as Christmas decorations. We'll have to see about that...
Anyway, back to organizing the apartment and looking for a job! Love San Jose!! :)
~Laura
Friday, August 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment