March 30: I experienced my first earthquake! I was at work and felt a vibration under my feet. Well, since our office has been expanding, we've been having construction going on for the past week. I thought the vibration was just a drill or something - but then items on my desk started to rattle. It lasted for a fairly long time compared to what I've heard my coworkers say. I gripped my desk and had no clue what to do or if I should 'duck and cover' like they taught us in Las Vegas in elementary school. Luckily the earthquake wasn't THAT bad. :) Here was the report I found on Google: "Earthquake near San Jose: An 4.3 (preliminary) magnitude earthquake just struck 16 miles east-southeast of San Jose, California at around 10:41 am local time. Again, this is a preliminary magnitude of 4.3 so not major by any means for California standards but enough to rattle some nerves." - Sure rattled my nerves!! :)
April: Not much happened this month actually - just super busy with work and friends!
May: Jeff gave me my birthday present early - a Steel Pulse concert on Cinco de Mayo! :) It was soooo much fun! I love that band so much. We both enjoyed
ourselves. Mid May we also celebrated our anniversary. We spent the weekend in Monterey, CA and went to the aquarium they have there. It was a little chilly but very romantic - especially the bed and breakfast we stayed in. Stephanie and Topher's wedding was at the end of the month. I was a bridesmaid and the wedding was held in Savannah. It was a wonderful wedding and I am very happy for them. :) It was a shame that we couldn't stay in town longer :(
June: It's been a pretty busy month so far. The first weeke
nd we went to BFD - a concert where 18 bands play at an ampitheater. The main bands I was interested in was 311, Offspring, and Mute Math. Jeff and I went with a group of friends and we had a blast. :) It was my first time seeing 311 in concert - so yay! The weekend after we went to Los Angeles for Jeff's cousin's high school graduation. I can't believe he's already graduated! I met him when he was only 13 years old at his Bar Mitzvah! Time flies... 
Meanwhile Jeff has been playing in a softball league this summer. He fractured his index finger a little while ago playing but it has healed quickly. The team just finished their first season on Tuesday and the next season starts in late August - I think that's right? Anyway, I've been having a great time cheering him on and having a weekly get together with our friends on game days.


In a few weeks we will be going to Jamaica and Miami - I'm sure that will be my next post and I will include a few pics ;) Until then...hope everyone is doing well. Miss you all so much!
Love,
Laura
No comments:
Post a Comment