Sunday, September 27, 2009

August and September 2009!

Hi there!
Things have been crazy since the last post. August was very busy - we moved to a new apartment, my mom visited, and I went to New York for the first time. :) We love the new complex and the apartment has plenty of storage space. We also have a patio, which is nice. :) We have almost everything unpacked and should be getting new furniture for our bedroom any day now! My mom visited us a week after we moved in and she helped organize things around the apartment - very helpful! My visit to New York was a lot of fun. I had never been and now can say I've seen many of the popular tourist sites! My friend, Ruth, lives in Brooklyn so it was definitely helpful to have my own personal tour guide. hehe I also got to visit my cousin, Jacquie, which was great since we never get to see each other!

Around Labor Day my right foot ached every time I walked. After going to the podiatrist I found out I broke a sesamoid bone - one of the two small bones that connects your big toe to the foot. I'm not sure how it was broken, but he said I had been putting a lot of stress on it because of the way I walk. I assume that my softball playing was the last straw and the bone couldn't handle the running. After the bone heals I am supposed to have orthopedic inserts made for my shoes. The inserts will help me walk correctly and distribute the pressure from my big toe evenly to my other toes. I have been wearing a removable cast for 2 weeks and have 2 more weeks to go before my next doctor appointment. Fingers crossed that it has healed fine! :)

Other than that annoyance, not too much has been happening in September, which I prefer. I can't believe it has already been a year since we moved here!! I loved my first year in California - great weather, great transportation systems, and amazing friends we've made. We are so blessed!

Until next time...

~Laura

No comments: