So Jeff was supposed to update the blog...I guess that didn't work out! A small summary of what has been going on:
OCTOBER- We went to two surprise birthday parties this month - Josh and Venkat. It was very crazy, especially since Josh was throwing Ven's party without realizing he was getting a surprise one himself! We also had our yearly FOLK trip this month. We flew to Boston and had a great time. Chip and Marie's brought their baby and Reed and Leslie brought their toddler. Both Brandi and Leslie were pregnant. One was having a boy and the other a girl. So exciting! Lastly, we celebrated Halloween at the W Hotel in San Francisco with friends. Jeff dressed up as an Oktoberfest guy and I was Rapunzel (with a 60" long blonde wig hehe).
NOVEMBER- Jeff surprised me with tickets to Green Bay so we could see the Packers play in Lambeau Field - it was awesome! He also flew my brother up from Atlanta and coordinated with my dad so the whole family could go. :) This was during Jeff's birthday, so he was very sweet to go to see a team he didn't even care about! hehe Also, the Packers were playing the 49ers - and we won. :) We stayed in town for Thanksgiving and had some friends over for a potluck.
DECEMBER- We celebrated Christmas in town as well. My company had a fun holiday party at a fancy restaurant. Later that month we saw Cirque du Soleil's show 'Ovo' in San Francisco. It was beautiful and exciting. Lastly, we had a New Years get together with our friends.
JANUARY- We had a nice surprise in late January - our friends, Matt and Laurie, from Atlanta visited us for a weekend. We visited the Golden Gate Bridge and Alcatraz - Jeff's first time there. Later we met up with Matt's friend, Michael, for dinner. I felt very homesick for Georgia when they left. We miss them!
FEBRUARY- This month was very busy...we went to Josh and Soni's to watch the Super Bowl. We also celebrated Chinese New Year at Ben and Dennis' place. Jeff and I don't do anything really big for Valentine's Day ever, so we decided to celebrate with friends. We went to my favorite tea place, Chic Chateau, and had tea and scones. :)
MARCH- This month I threw a surprise party for my friend Yesenia. Her birthday was on St. Patrick's Day but we had the party two weeks early, so she wouldn't catch on. It was a success and she was very surprised! A few weeks later Venkat, David, and I went to a Sevendust concert in San Francisco. It was my third time seeing them and it was a lot of fun...aside from me getting a fever that night! :( That same day Jeff got a promotion at work! I'm glad they can appreciate all of the hard work he has put in this year. The last thing I found out in March is that I'm allergic to cats! I know - it's crazy! Ever since I have lived in California, I felt like I couldn't breathe...but I didn't know why. Well, now that we have a smaller living space, the cats have been sleeping with us almost every night, which I love. However, their cat hair constantly next to me for hours during the night was killing my nose/head/throat. After two different kinds of allergy tests, they found out I'm allergic to cats and dustmites. The Dr.'s solution was to get rid of the cats - yeah right! Our solution - kick the cats out of the bedroom. They no longer sleep with us or are even allowed in our bedroom. So far my allergies haven't come back!
Ok, that is it for now. I hope this blog wasn't too boring...I just had to summarize, which was hard to do in an interesting way!
Last but not least, I have accepted a job at Yahoo! :) Actually today I gave my two weeks notice at my company. I will be a Recruiting Coordinator - very excited! More later - I promise! I'm taking over from now on. :) Love you all!
~Laura
Thursday, April 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment