I am finally working and I love it. I love both of my jobs. During the week days I work at Western Tech (a venture capital firm). The people there are very friendly and have taught me a lot about the industry, in such a small amount of time. I also like how I've been trained. Since this isn't their peak season, they have been able to teach me two or three things per day rather than throwing everything at me at once. That makes learning so much easier and I can concentrate more.
My second job is during the weekends at Bath and Body Works. It doesn't even really feel like work because I love their products - I don't mind talking to people about them, selling it. I've always liked working as a cashier too. I have no idea why. When I was little I would take all of the cans and cereal out of our kitchen and act like I was ringing them up for a customer. I know, it's a little weird - but hey, I was 7!
Jeff and I are going to Los Angeles for Thanksgiving. Jeff's aunt, uncle, and cousins live there - it will be fun to have Thanksgiving with them. We haven't had the chance to have Thanksgiving with Jeff's family yet. Maybe next year we can figure out a way to get it all together. That would be nice :) I have Black Friday off for Bath and Body Works. NO ONE gets Black Friday off. Everyone will be working that day. But I told my manager before I got hired that I already had plans. I hate not being there to help for the biggest shopping day of the year, but I will be working the day after...so that's something right?
December 6 is the Yahoo! holiday party... and I just found out it is Western Tech's holiday party as well. Looks like I'll be going to Yahoo's but I really wanted Jeff to meet everyone! :( That day must be pretty popular for work parties. Now I just need to find a dress to wear. Soni and I will go to Macy's sometime! Josh has been on a work trip to India for the past three weeks. He'll be stopping off at London and Soni will be meeting him there for Thanksgiving. So jealous!! I bet they will have an awesome time :) Anyway, in case I don't get to fit in another post - Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Love you all,
~Laura
p.s. oh! Jeff and I got the kitties a present - a tower to play on and sleep in. Halo loooves sleeping at the top. They also really enjoy the feathers hanging down from the top. Keeps them busy for quite a while. So cute!
No comments:
Post a Comment